Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hands

A while ago we were visiting Joyce and Kent Seal in Tulsa. A mom of one of their missionaries is a photographer and had sent a photo gift to them. It was a picture of President Hinckley's hands. He was holding his cane and one hand was on top of the other. I was so impressed by that picture that I decided to take some pictures of Grandma Moore's hands. She thought it was a little strange.

Hands are very powerful - they can heal and they can hurt. They can sooth and they can spank. As I looked at my mother's hands I could not help but think about all of the years of service they have given and all of the years of work they have done. They look worn and aged but they continue to reach out to others in service, love, greeting, compassion, welcome - so many, many ways really.

I am thankful for hands and for all they do.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: