Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dumpster Diving and Crazy Projects


One day while we were still living in the apartments I was walking bear and saw two perfectly lovely chairs sitting by the dumpster. Well, to the untrained eye they aren't perfectly lovely chairs at all but I saw potential. So I dragged them back to the apartment. Poor dad sometimes thinks I have lost it and his first reaction was to drag that garbage back to the dumpster. But as you can see the true potential is slowly being revealed. Soon we'll have two perfectly lovely chairs to sit on by the front door. Success!!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you got or are getting those chairs finished up. By the next time I visit we'll have a nice place to reconointer. That is DAD phrasology 101 for anyone wondering where I came up with that word. Is it even in the dictionary?

mattbikes1 said...

reconnoiter |ˌrēkəˈnoitər; ˌrek-| ( Brit. reconnoitre)
verb [ trans. ]
make a military observation of (a region) : they reconnoitered the beach some weeks before the landing | [ intrans. ] the raiders were reconnoitering for further attacks. Chris, now you know, and knowing is half the battle. Mom, Congratulations on a job well done. It takes a very trained eye to see the beauty in rejected items.